This is the IMPLANTgames retro gaming podcast with Kris and Austin, the show where we talk about old school games, collecting, YouTube and more. This is Episode 38: Good Old Games Releaseded! In this episode we talk about:
- Austin's "new" HD CRT television
- Sega Dreamcast talk: VGA box rarity increasing, the Dreamcast's internal video output capabilities, and more.
- Nintendo Wii-U
- Nintendo 64 games played via the Wii's Virtual Console service and the enhancements provided therein
- F-Zero X, Mario Kart 64, Wipeout 64, and Yoshi's Story (Nintendo 64)
- Handheld Metal Slug games (Metal Slug Advance for GBA vs. Metal Slug 7 for Nintendo DS), as well as briefly reminiscing about the series in general.
- Sony PSP video-out capabilities: What models do, and what models don't?
- The PSP GO: Positives and Negatives
- Digital Downloads: Movies, games, etc--Will we be able to download them in the future? And does one currently have the ability to play or view digitally downloaded/purchased products on multiple consoles, or are they locked?
- Paranormal Activity horror movie series
- Indie Game: The Movie--Current thoughts on the newly Netflix-released documentary.
- Good Old Games (gog.com): Mac games now available!
- The distinct look and feel of '90s PC-based shmups (Tyrian, Raptor, Stargunner, etc.)
Questions or suggestions? Leave a comment below and we will talk about it on a future episode! You can also send us an e-mail!