This is the IMPLANTgames retro gaming podcast with Kris and Austin, the show where we talk about old school games, collecting, YouTube and more. This is Episode 29: Or Worse.. Canada! In this episode we talk about:
- Austin's first retro computer!--The Texas Instruments TI-99/4A
- Sonic R (Sega Saturn)
- Sonic 3D Blast (Sega Saturn/Genesis/PC)--Load times, thoughts, and slight version differences!
- Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing (360/PC)
- Flicky (Sega Genesis)
- The 3D bonus area found in Sonic Jam for the Sega Saturn
- Do we think that not having a full-fledged SEGA-developed Sonic title hurt the Saturn?
- Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES)
- Brief talk about Austin's iMac G3
- Tornadoes in Green Bay, WI?
- Tube (Atari Jaguar homebrew)
- Brief talk about our audio recording setup
- Two Goodwill PC pickups--Soultrap, and "Aftershock" for Quake
- Sonic Adventure (Dreamcast) and its bugs!
- The Top Cut Pokemon web site--Kris's featured work/images
- Austin's "want" of the Commodore 64 computer
- Thoughts on the preservation of games and original source code, as well as the Prince of Persia preservation project
- Listener Question #1: What were our first gaming addictions?
- Listener Question #2: What do we think about various forms of digital recreation, including Virtual Pinball, as well as emulation of videogame systems?
- "Lost in Translation", a follow-up!
- Legend of Zelda (NES)
- Super Mario Bros. (NES)
- Quake (PC)
- Unreal Tournament III (PC)
YouTube/Podcast mentions during this episode:
The Binary Piecast: http://www.facebook.com/binarypiecast
Happy Video Game Nerd (aka Derek Alexander): http://retrowaretv.com/happy-video-game-nerd/
Stock Photo Exchange: http://www.sxc.hu/
Wired.com Prince of Persia preservation article: http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2012/04/prince-of-persia-source-code/?pid=2480&viewall=true
Questions or suggestions? Leave a comment below and we will talk about it on a future episode! You can also send us an e-mail!